Image © Bob Jones
Latitude: 50º 07'N
Longitude: 05º 32'W
Ownership: Cornwall Council
Usage: Leisure, Fishing, Commercial, Ferry Terminal
Contact name: Capt. Neil Clark, Harbour Master
Address: Harbour Office, North Arm, Penzance Harbour, Penzance, Cornwall TR18 4AB
Telephone no: 01736 366113
About PenzanceThe ancient market town of Penzance is the Capital of the far west of Cornwall and is set in Mounts Bay, a body of water dominated by St. Michael's Mount, located just 10 miles from Land's End.
Named "Pen Sans" in the ancient Cornish language, meaning "Holy Headland", referring to the headland to the western side of the harbour on which a chapel was established by early Christians well over 1000 years ago. The town received a Royal Charter for its harbour in 1512.
The town has the most westerly major harbour on the English Channel and, from there, ferry services operate to the Isles of Scilly, which lie some 28 miles beyond Lands End augmented by air services from both Penzance and Land's End.
For charts of the area, see here.
Return to Area Map