Image © Bob Jones
Craignure Ferry Terminal
Latitude: 56º 28'N
Longitude: 05º 42'W
Ownership: Argyll & Bute Council
Usage: Leisure, Fishing, Commercial, Ferry Terminal
Contact name: Mr Neil Brown, Area Roads and Amenity Manager
Address: Kilbowie House, Gallanach Road, Oban, Argyll, PA34 4PF
Telephone no: 01631 562125
About Craignure Ferry TerminalCraignure lies close to Mull's easternmost point, and it is reasonably equidistant from the island's two main destinations: Tobermory to the north and Iona to the west. It is the main terminus for the ferries from Oban.
The village, whose name means 'rock of the Yew Tree', was brought to life by the coming of the ferry service in 1964, when the modern pier was built. The original pier, built in 1894, can still be seen near the village hall.
Return to Area Map