Image © Bob Jones
Latitude: 56º 31'N
Longitude: 06º 45'W
Ownership: Milton Harbour Association
About Milton (Tiree)This harbour, built in 1847, has been recently enlarged and is used by some of the local fishermen. Six fishing vessels currently use the harbour, employing about 15 people. Their catch usually comprises velvet crab, brown crab and lobster, which are picked up by lorry on a weekly basis for onward transportation to Spain.
In September 2002 the Argyll and the Islands Enterprise agreed to invest more than £45,000 to improve navigation facilities at Milton Harbour for the island's fleet of fishing vessels.
Return to Area Map