Image © Bob Jones
Oban North Pier
Latitude: 56° 25'N
Longitude: 05° 28'W
Ownership: Argyll and Bute Council
Usage: Leisure, Fishing
Contact name: Mr Douglas Craig, Harbourmaster
Telephone no: 01631 562892
About Oban North PierThe 1861 census shows us that before the coming of the railway in the 1890s, Oban was a small fishing village with a population of just 600.
Oban has four piers: North pier, South Pier, Railway pier and Lighthouse pier. The Council-owned North Pier is used by the Waverley and other cruise vessels. It is also used as a lay-by berth by Caledonian MacBrayne.
Information on boat moorings in Oban Bay is available here.
Return to Area Map