Image © Bob Jones
Latitude: 58° 34'N
Longitude: 03° 47'W
Ownership: Sandside Estate
Usage: Leisure, Fishing
Contact name: Mr Geoffrey Minter
Address: Sandside House, Reay, Thurso, KW14 7RN
Telephone no: 01847 811540
About SandsideSandside Harbour and the associated fishing store and cottages were built in 1830 by Major William Innes of Sandside. The harbour faces east and is sheltered to the west by higher ground. Dounreay nuclear facility is clearly visible from the harbour and surrounds. The fishing store and some of the cottages remain in good order.
This harbour is also known as Fresgoe, after the small village where it is located.
Return to Area Map