Image © Bob Jones
Latitude: 57° 40'N
Longitude: 02° 16'W
Ownership: Pennan Harbour Trust
Usage: Leisure, Fishing
Contact name: Mrs J J E Watt, Clerk to the Trustees
Address: 13 Pennan Village, Pennan, AB43 6JB
Telephone no: 01346 561244
About PennanAt the east end of Pennan lies its harbour. These days it is still used by a couple of fishing vessels, but otherwise its life revolves around leisure craft. Today's harbour is the latest in a succession over the years. The first harbour was built here in 1704, but it had fallen into disuse by the end of the century and a replacement was built in 1799.
By 1840 this harbour, too, was no longer usable, and a bigger and better one was built in 1845. This third harbour lasted until a storm one night in the winter of 1889/1890 destroyed the west pier, which was replaced in 1903. The harbour was further improved in 1909 and again in 1981.
Return to Area Map