Latitude: 57° 19'N
Longitude: 06° 24'W
Usage: Leisure, Fishing
About PortnalongThe village of Portnalong was founded by crofters from Lewis and Harris in 1921. The pier served as a refuelling point for allied shipping during World War II.
Situated at the end of the B8009 road to Portnalong, the pier is used by a number of small fishing vessels, as well as servicing nearby fish farms in Loch Harport.
The sailing boat 'Ezra' also operates from the pier, offering three, six, or nine-night skippered sailing holidays.
Return to Area Map